PompeiiinPictures

  

 

 

Back
Home
Up
Next




98. Gragnano, Villa rustica in Località Carmiano, Villa B.

Excavated 1963.

Bibliography

de Franciscis, A. Atti del Convegno internazionale di studi sulla Magna Grecia, Taranto, 5, 1965 (1966), p. 184.

Kockel V., 1985. Funde und Forschungen in den Vesuvstadten 1: Archäologischer Anzeiger, Heft 3. 1985, n. 98, p. 536.

Notizie degli Scavi di Antichità, 1887, p. 155f., p. 25ff.; 1892, p. 204f.

Ruggiero, M., 1881. Degli scavi di Stabia dal 1749 al 1782, Naples, Map and Taf. 17.

Soprano, P. in Fasti Archaeologici: Annual Bulletin of Classical Archaeology, Volumes 18-19, 1963/64, 7377.

 

According to Kockel, today's municipality of Gragnano connects east and south-east with Castellamare and in antiquity must surely have belonged to the territory of Stabiae.

Close to villas found in the 18th and 19th centuries, in 1963, two villae rusticae in Localita Carmiano [Villa A and Villa B] were excavated.

 

In villa B there was only excavated a large room with a Torcularium and an area which included Dolia and amphorae.

The walls of opus incertum dated the building to the 1st century BC.

See Kockel V., 1985. Funde und Forschungen in den Vesuvstadten 1: Archäologischer Anzeiger, Heft 3. 1985, p. 536.